Last week, I went to spend a few days in London with friends who had a sofa bed available. C & rsquo; is the first time that I & rsquo; going in this town that I & rsquo; so love, without passing through the hotel check and above continuing to work.
I already told you several times, mais j’ai lu Week 4 hours last year, and this book m & rsquo; gave desire to change many things in my life. D & rsquo; first become freelance full time after years in office, and then d & rsquo; have the opportunity to work when and where I want, provided that & rsquo; there is internet. Ces 4 days in London were a little test that s & rsquo; proved successful.
Better : work and live elsewhere than & rsquo; to & rsquo; m hotel in London & rsquo; gave another vision of the city where I walked much alone, as in Paris. J & rsquo; felt d & rsquo; make a little party. J & rsquo; have less planned my days, walked a haphazard, took my little dej always in the same place (breakfast club)… In 4 days I set myself small habits, and my little London daily. And even if I & rsquo; have done less than discoveries in my previous outings in the English capital j & rsquo; came away filled more than ever (and also with a large die, ahem…).
In the program – without program : walks in Soho with friends, Cheap Japanese tea at will on site newport (Tokyo Diner), random discovery of the shop United Nude à covent garden, solitary wanderings Fulham broadway up & rsquo; King & rsquo; s road (and visit some awesome charity shop : british red cross et oaxfam), small day at the Tate Modern and free wifi, evening organized by Susie to The box, shopping, popcorn chocolate coated Marks & Spencer, Harrods, Fortnum & mason and tea boxes that look like the rides, hamburger + pint to £ 8 on Trafalgar Square… London ♥
P.S : j & rsquo; have plans to return to London but by testing the exchange of & rsquo; appart, if you live there and that & rsquo; an exchange with my Paris apartment tempts you n & rsquo; m please & rsquo; write ^^
A few weeks ago, just before the problems of & rsquo; eurostar (whew…), I went to spend a day with Anne-so London to strafe the Christmas shop windows (and also do some shopping anyway !). First forward discovery those of Spring A few weeks ago we had put in appetite.
We spent a delightful very cool but sunny day, strafing and raving in heart : the nightmare of my fiancé… As j & rsquo; took hundreds of pictures and I did not know too well how to store it all, here is the chronological narrative and image of this little escapade across the Channel…
A trip d & rsquo; first in Covent Garden where we expected to see beautiful decorations… A bit disappointing actually, it had to be much prettier at night. Some shops have quenched our thirst, however photo !!
Going up Regent & rsquo; s Street we reached the holy land : the freshly opened shop in London Anthropology. Simply sublime, I don & rsquo; have unfortunately no pictures of & rsquo; inside… To comfort you here pretty snowy window :
Last post on London, this is nothing Mine 2 weeks I gave you Londonneries, but I & rsquo; had so much to tell you :)
This time, I make you a little compilation of all that I & rsquo; really like in this city, my little favorite places, my favorite pictures and also at the end some tips for those who rely s & rsquo; be reached soon.
What I & rsquo; love in London… :
– Power micro short walk without me whistling or feel ill at & rsquo; comfortable, English running around half naked anyway, I did that & rsquo; a small player next.
– People s & rsquo; ignore least in the metro and are much more courteous that & rsquo; in Paris, vraiment.
– Place Neal & rsquo; s Yard, where he must to eat one evening when the weather is nice, s and & rsquo; buy English cheese (if so it is very good). Monthy Python lived there more, c if it & rsquo; is not an argument :)
– The delicacies, and food in general, but this, I you l & rsquo; have this and repeat.
– Watch unabashed looks of londonniennes, and style of Londoners, acting innocently, s it & rsquo; s really more fun that & rsquo; in Paris, where jeans and white T-shirt is the ultimate nlasse…
– Chinatown : j & rsquo; déouvert have this little corner of Soho during my previous trip, j & rsquo; love spend.
– The little toy shop on Portobello Road near the bridge, not a visit to Notting hill without making an unnecessary purchase !
– Cheshire street, to do if you don & rsquo;'re never been on the side of Brick Lane.
– And of course all that & rsquo; oxford street offer as temptation : topshop, Urban Outfitters…
And here are some tips if you plan to soon cross the English Channel : Continue reading